At Hon. Earl Rowe P.S., we welcome and truly appreciate the help of all of our volunteers. What type of volunteer opportunities are there?
- Come in and help us in the classroom with literacy
- Help out in the office
- Help us with our fundraisers
- Help us with extra curricular activities
- Community/School BBQ
Important Information for Volunteers at Hon. Earl Rowe P.S.
Volunteers require a current criminal record check.
Also, volunteers need to sign an annual defence declaration by Oct. 31st of each year.
Annual Offence Declaration for Volunteers
You will need to provide the following information before volunteers can start the process:
a) A request for Vulnerable Sector Screening
b) Volunteer/Applicant Screening Process - Consent to Disclosure of Personal Information
c) Criminal Record Check Definitions Information
Anyone wishing to volunteer to attend student trips or drive students to and/or from games and functions also need criminal record checks.
How can you help?
We appeciate all our volunteers. Volunteers are need in classrooms, as well as for field trips, or other activities. If you/someone in your family, or even a neighbour, are interested in finding out about assisting us at the school, please call Mr. Kemp, Principal. A form is available at the office, if you wish to be contacted as a parent volunteer. If you are interested, please fill out the form and return it to the school. New volunteers must attend a short training session for volunteers is conducted in the fall and on a needs basis.
Note: All volunteers at the school, including drivers require a Criminal Record Check (CRC). The CRC can be obtained at the South Simcoe Police Station. A letter from the school will be provided to you which will enable you to obtain the CRC at no charge.
- Be responsible to the principal, and work under the direction of the staff member supervising
- Be a team member in supporting school programs and supplementing school efforts
- Hold school issues to be confidential (staff issues/student work/student behaviour issues etc.)
- Follow Board and school procedures